Emerald Coast Con Rules
Emerald Coast Con reserves the right to revoke Emerald Coast Con Attendee membership and eject anyone at anytime from the convention without a refund.
- Animals: Only service animals are allowed into the convention space. Please refer to the ADA website for rules and regulations regarding service animals if you have further questions.
- Badges: Badges must be worn at all times. Please keep them in sight and display your badge when entering the Dealer’s Hall/ Artist Alley, Main Events and Panel rooms. Attendees caught without a badge will be barred from entering the before mentioned areas during convention hours. Badges can be purchased at the Registration table located in front of the Ramada, just inside the main entrance.
- Bare Feet : All Emerald Coast Con attendees to wear proper footwear while attending the convention. Proper foot wear consists of; shoes, boots, sandals, and slippers. Roller-blades, skates, or Heelys are not permitted.
- Body Paint: Please properly seal your body makeup and be respectful of others while wearing body paints. If a complaint is made about you leaving makeup on costumes, merchandise or convention property you will be asked to leave and properly seal your makeup.
- Smoking/ Burning on Site: Smoking is prohibited in the convention space as per Florida law and 25 feet from any exit or entrance. The Ramada is a smoke free facility. Please note the designated smoking areas on the property grounds. If you are found burning objects your badge will be confiscated and you will be barred from returning to the convention.
- Guests: Please respect the privacy of Emerald Coast Con guests. Attendees will be able to acquire autographs from guests during specified times or while they are at their table. If a guest files a complaint on you it may result in the confiscation of your badge and removal from the convention.
- Harassment and Assault: Cosplay is Not Consent. Emerald Coast Con does not tolerate harassment of any kind. Harassment is any physical or verbal behavior that alarms, threatens, or annoys any person. This includes unwanted physical contact, stalking, taking pictures without permission, threats of bodily harm, etc. Please report any harassment to event security and/or staff.
- Illegal Substances: Any illegal substance abuse or paraphernalia will be reported to the proper authorities.
- Liability: Emerald Coast Con is not responsible for any loss, damage, theft, and/or injury. Attendees are responsible for their individual actions and any repercussions that may result. All emergency situations are to be handled by the proper authorities.
- Minors:Minors at the age of 14 and under must be accompanied by a parent or designated guardian. All guardians must be 18 and over and must register with the convention. The parent or guardian must be present at the venue at all times of the convention. Notice to parents: Emerald Coast Con requires a way to reach a legal guardian in case of an emergency. Guardians will be held responsible (legally and financially) for any damages incurred by their child or charge to hotel and/or Emerald Coast Con property. Any criminal damages and/or activity will be met with criminal charges, as well as a permanent ban from ALL future Emerald Coast Con events. All attendees are subject to the laws and ordinances Okaloosa County and the state of Florida.
- Photography: Cameras and camcorders are allowed within the convention space. Please be courteous of guest and attendees, ask for photos, and use proper etiquette.
- Signage: Emerald Coast Con does not permit the display or wearing of signs that offer goods or services. Signs deemed to have inappropriate content will be removed from your possession. Signs cannot be hung on any surfaces as per Ramada policy, please refrain from posting anything on the walls of the convention space/ hotel.
- Costumes: Emerald Coast Con reserves the right to deem a costume unacceptable and request the wearer to make modifications or change clothing. Emerald Coast Con is a family friendly event, please dress appropriately. Use common sense when choosing your costume and a good rule of thumb is that a costume should be no less than a standard bikini swimsuit.
- Theft: Anyone caught shoplifting or thieving will be handed over to the authorities and have their badge confiscated. These individuals will be permanently banned from any future Emerald Coast Con events.
- Vending: Vending of any item or service is strictly prohibited without a vending agreement or consent by Emerald Coast Con. This includes any item available for purchase in the Artist Alley or Dealer’s Hall, and photography for profit or other services rendered.
- Weapons: All weapons must be non-working, checked by con staff, and peace bonded. It is upon the attendee to ensure their prop is inspected and approved prior to entering the convention arena! Emerald Coast Con does not allow any functional projectile weapons or projectiles of any kind. Metal weapons are strictly prohibited at Emerald Coast Con. Any permitted weapons must be checked and peace bonded. Do not bring weapons that Emerald Coast Con staff & the police officers cannot tell are fake from approximately ten feet away. Emerald Coast Con has the right to declare any weapon inappropriate and/or dangerous. If your weapon is deemed dangerous you will be asked to remove it from the convention area. Emerald Coast Con also reserves the right to check/process any weapon before or during convention times.
Rules are subject to change. Emerald Coast Con reserves the right to change rules when and if necessary at any time.
Notice to ALL attendees:
ALL attendees are expected to conduct themselves respectably. You will be held responsible (legally and financially) for damages incurred by you to hotel and/or Emerald Coast Con property. Any criminal damages and/or activity will be met with criminal charges, as well as a permanent ban from ALL future Emerald Coast Con events. All attendees are subject to the laws and ordinances Okaloosa County and the state of Florida.
Photography Release: By attending our convention you understand that any photography and/or video taken during the event can and will be used under the discretion of Emerald Coast Con. This includes but is not limited to press releases, televised media, social media, etc.